Discounts and coupons are a great way to motivate a customer to visit your restaurant and/or try using your Online Order. Here are a few examples of marketing approaches in which you can use discounts to grow your business:
- Get New Customers: You can run an online advertising campaign to target local customers to visit your restaurant.
- Promote 1st Time Use: Let your in-store customers know that they get a discount for trying the Online Order app and enjoying the ease-of-use.
- Promote New Items: Send an email or text message with a discount link for new items that you are trying to promote.
- Re-engage Past Customers: It can be useful to remind past customers to come and try your store again if it's been a while.
Create a Discount Link
If your discount is setup for "All Order Types" and "Any User", then you can create a Discount Link. This discount link creates a URL (web address). Customers can access the URL and have the discount auto-applied to their order, assuming the order meets all of the discount parameters.
To create a discount link:
- Click on Create Link
- Manually copy the URL or click on the blue "Copy" button
You can use this URL to direct customers to your Orderspoon store with the discount code auto applied.
An even faster method to direct customers to a URL is to create a QR code.
There are lots of free QR code generators available on the web. A QR code generator creates a QR image for a specific URL. When this QR image is scanned by a mobile device, it will direct the customer to that specific URL.
This website offers free QR codes with no ads embedded into it. https://www.qrcode-monkey.com/
4 Leaf Labs is in no way associated with them. Feel free to use any site, we just want to provide 1 example.
Discounts when customers use Pay Later
There is a situation where the discount will not be reflected directly on the Clover POS. This is when the customer chooses to Pay Later.
In Clover, the discounts are included in the payments, but since there is no payment processed in the Pay later, the discount will be visible from the customers' end in the Checkout page and in the Order Confirmation but it will not be visible from the merchant's end in the Clover system.
When a customer uses a discount and Pay Later, the discount will be performed manually at the time of the transaction in the Clover device.